Friday, November 21, 2008

Allen's Beach

Allens Beach
(we surf near that awesome natural rock spine)

Yellow-eyed Penguin

"dute da doo"

The big sea lion is hidden mid-left on the beach


"Made in the Shade"

Natlalie and I went to Allens beach this last weekend. I have been surfing there several times with Glen and couldn't wait to take Natalie there and check out the scenery.....and watch me surf! While surfing I saw this huge black thing swiming around me and thought.....SHARK!!!! But soon I realized that it was a huge sea lion. So later Natalie and I went on a hike around the beach and saw several Sea Lions chillin on the rocks. As we were walking we stumbled upon a few Yellow-eyed penguins, which was a complete bonus because they normally don't come out until dark. Here are some cool videos of the wild life around us. The sea lion was just getting up to move into a more comfortable position. The other video is so awesome and is pretty rare from what I understand. The penguin is leaving its nest to go get some food, watch her jump from rock to rock....so cool. The penguin makes its way to the water and takes one last look around to make sure that the coast is clear before she takes the plunge...awesome!






P

0 comments: