Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tour de Napier

Definition of Style
Not as easy as it looks :)
Brookfields Vineyard (Our Favorite)
Vines at Mission Vineyard

After Rotorua we went to Napier (Hawks Bay region) which is known for its wine vineyards. Napier was also very beautiful. We wanted to get jobs at some local vineyards, but the timing was not quite ripe…I mean right;) We decided to go on a wine tour instead. Of course we wanted to go in style, so we chose to rent tandem bikes and wear classy helmets while we went from vineyard to vineyard learning about the wine making process. We had so much fun. We went to four different vineyards: Brookfields, Church Hill, Mission, and the fourth one I don't remember(not because of the wine, because of my bad memory:). All in all we rode 20 miles by the end of the day.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hey there! It's Aunt Debbie. I wanted to say hi and tell you I finished the marathon yesterday! It was quite a challenge, but Mom and Maddie and a couple of friends were there to cheer me on. I have some pictures to share but I don't know how to send them. If you have a regular email, send me the address and I'll email it to you. Miss you guys and it looks like you are having a blast. I'm so jealous! :) Love you bunches.
drepak@rcn.com

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, It's fun reading through your blog and seeing some of the places I traveled to when I lived there. We did the wine tour as well...but not on bikes. Good on ya. :) It's such a great country! Keep up the fun blogging and have lots and lots of fun! :)