Friday, September 19, 2008

Raglan

Me catching a wave at "Shipwreck Bay" in Ahipara
Natalie on a nice little wave in Raglan

I love to surf and had hoped that I would get the opportunity to go often here. I thought I might be alone in this quest but as it turns out Natalie, Maegen and Johnny had all been bitten by the surf bug in Ahipara, so it was only natural that our next destination would be Raglan (on the west coast midland) where the surf is what its known for. We rented some boards and headed out to the beach and had a blast. I have been getting more confident and started using a short board and Natalie later started using my short board…which is awesome!!! Johnny and Maegen were shredding it up on a nice long board. Natalie wasn’t able to get many good pictures of me because I was pretty far from the beach, but I did get some good ones of her. She’s learning really quickly, and I am very impressed. Surfing still remains to be the hardest sport that I have ever tried. We really want to go back to this quaint surfing town when we go back to the north island.

0 comments: